Monday 6 June 2011

06/06/2011 Update

Hey sorry guys I haven’t been posting much for a few months my international trip took it out of me (“It” being money). So I haven’t been to dinner much and not to new places. But I have been eating fast food and stuff so I’ll take a moment to fill in some of the places I’ve been eating lately.

MOS Burger

Sunnybank Plaza

This new store in a new country for the Japanese burger chain, is actually quite good, I ate MOS burger while in Japan and thought it was disgusting. However the two MOS burgers I have eaten over at Sunnybank have been great messy pleasure, the glassware for dine-ins is a great touch and the whole thing feels bright and enjoyable, just a warning though do not take the burger out of the wrapper or you will need a new shirt. I’ve made the pilgrimage to Sunnybank twice; it’s actually not that far.

AJ’s Noodle House

Charlotte St Cbd

I’ve known about this one for a while but haven’t been there before recently due to the fact that both Kadoya and Madtongsan are about 5 metres away. The main problem this place has is that everyone else has caught on and knows they make a cheap Pho meaning if you want to eat there you have to be first or at an unusual time of day, the food is good for about $8, but you’ll probably still see me round the corner at Kadoya or Madtongsan.

Flying Fish

Indooroopilly

My local fish and chip shop of recently, this place became a favourite when I decided I was sick of tipplers and the rush to get there before it closed. While I haven’t eaten any fish in the dozen or so times I’ve been there I have eaten a lot of hamburgers which for a fish and chip shop have been good, the prices are really quite good too with a hamburger meal (a serve of chips and a can of coke) being $8.50. The fact that they are open till 8-9 each night is great as is the obvious family run vibe of the place. Feels like a classic Australian fish and chip shop.


I’ll be going to dinner either later this week or at some point next week, if you would like to come email me at coolbrisbannia@gmail.com or rsvp to the facebook event

No comments:

Post a Comment